Escape to Dhikr-tory

The diary of a Londoner uprooting to a smallholding in Somerset to give the organic, green, and simple life a go.....

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Lamb skins



Remember the four lambs in the previous post? Well, I finally got the skins back today. Look at that....flippin' fantastic.

The tannery I took these to have done a cracking job - come up really clean, smooth and fluffy. One of them is for the owner of one of the lambs and the rest are for me.

As we have child number two on the way I will use the smallest for their push-chair to keep them warm when out this winter. The rest we'll use for rugs or to sit on. I am also going to start selling them, so if anyone wants a quality British lamb's fleece let me know.

Anyway, got to run. The chicks (well they were chicks) are being moved tonight as I have set up a new bigger area for them to run about in until I eat them; plus we are going blackberry picking in the field - smoothies for breakfast tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home