Escape to Dhikr-tory

The diary of a Londoner uprooting to a smallholding in Somerset to give the organic, green, and simple life a go.....

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maybe its coz I'm a Londoner......

Went back to London this weekend for my boy's birthday party. God I was itching to get out!! It did my head in!! I think I have truly got London out of my system now: the so called "perks" of London really mean nothing at all now. The noise, people, traffic, dirt, etc drives you to distraction.
On the Sunday we were sat in the car and my wife was saying, "How can you not miss London? Bla bla bla" at which point I pulled up to park the car. It just so happened I pulled up next to a Sarf London Yoof (translation: south London youth) who proceeded to limp next to the car, suck his teeth with lollipop in mouth and look at me like I was a piece of shit under his shoe. Hmmmm......do I miss London?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home