Escape to Dhikr-tory

The diary of a Londoner uprooting to a smallholding in Somerset to give the organic, green, and simple life a go.....

Friday, September 29, 2006

Nuff corn...

My corn has all started turning ready. As with everything else its being put in the freezer to eat. This lot is only from a third of my crop so lots more to come. And I am telling you I have never eaten corn like this before - so sweet and crunchy. Lovely wholesome organic food!

We also dug up all the beetroot and that is all pickled for winter. So most of the veg I planted in the summer has come to an end. All I have on the go for winter is some curly kale, spinach and cabbages.

Things have really slowed down a lot in terms of activity. It's raining more, darker earlier and of course Ramadan has started so I dont have then energy after a day's work to get out there are graft. Project wise there is not much on - still trying to get the field fenced off for my first flock of sheep, getting a proper poultry area fenced off and that's pretty much it. Which suits me!!

I came across this new Muslim eco-group called The Voice of the Islamic Foundation for Ecology and Environmental Sciences. Check our their newsletter and the website. They seem like a nice bunch of people who seem to appreciate the deeper connection between man and his environment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home